Mommy Chronicles

A funny look at motherhood and the mayhem it causes.

January 31, 2007

Chess Club & The Interesting King

Lucy considers the chess club

On the way home from school, Lucy mentioned to me that there's a chess club.

"Do you want to be in it?" I said.

"YEAH!" she said.

"Chess is a winning game," I said. Lucy hates winning games.

"NO!" she said. "I HATE WINNING GAMES!"

"Well," I said, "Daddy could always teach you."

"I KNOW HOW TO PLAY CHESS ALREADY, MAMA," she said. "YOU JUST MOVE THE DONKEY!"

* * *

Alice starts a story

When I picked up Alice at preschool, she started a story I wish she'd finish.

"I'm angry at the interesting king who lives on Sugar Mountain..."

Stay tuned; I'll see if I can keep her going on this one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To: Martha Brockenbrough

Your Alec Baldwin article: While well written your argument is lame.

Baldwin is too consistently obnoxious. How do you excuse the rest of his "episodic differences" with life.

Tony Mrozak
Cherry Hill

11:18 AM  
Blogger Randomus maximus said...

I think your argument is totally valid. There is another well written phrase, in what used to be a well known book, that says "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Just because Alec is in the public eye doesn't mean we all need to throw accusatory stones at him. Most of us live with the luxury of making our mistakes in relative privacy, and, when necessary, we can apologize to our children and have that be sufficent. Sure, I think he should learn to control his anger, and I sincerely hope he is able to straighten things out with his little girl. Meanwhile, I will go on asking my children for forgiveness in my own blessedly private world while keeping my stones in my pocket until I am perfect.

Heather
Idaho

3:19 PM  
Blogger Emerald said...

*Poke*
*prod*

Updates?

Cuteness :)

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home